Thursday, June 4, 2015

It's not just an egg roll wrap...
it's a petite dessert cup!
You can't beat the cuteness of a lil' cup  filled with deliciousness. 

 

Simply take an egg roll wrapper and cut any shape with a cookie cutter.


Or you can easily cut out a shape free hand using kitchen scissors or a paring knife.
To form the little cups I cut rounds by using my biscuit cutter and placed 
them in a lightly greased muffin tin.
Baked until they were a light golden brown.


My filling of choice was~honey, fresh lime with zest, yogurt, cottage cheese, mixed with whipped cream, blended until it formed soft peaks.
Topped off with various seasonal fresh fruits.


For an embellishment... I made small flower shapes, baked flat on a cookie sheet and added a light dusting of powder sugar while they were still warm.

Wonton/egg roll wrappers are lower in calories than traditional pastry, 
making it a nice alternative.
The cups are also great for a savory appetizer.
One of my favorites is seasoned shrimp, veggies with a lemon vinaigrette
The sky's the limit.




1 comment:

Elaine said...

That looks delicious! I love small bites. My sister makes an appetizer called Brie Bites. I think it had some kind of jam in it and brie cheese. She baked it in phyllo dough and it was so good.