Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who is Mr. Murphy of...

Murphy's Law and who appointed him the doer of mishap? In case you're not familiar with his mantra it's as follows: If anything can go wrong, it will........ Sunny days are rare in the liquid sunshine state. At this time of year I can be found rummaging for trendy rain gear for wading through puddles or in most cases drowning. It's important to find the perfect ensemble to deflect the embarrassing moments that may occur when I underestimate the depth of a pool of water.....and make contact with asphalt! To my surprise instead of the usual winter deluge, we've been graced with SUNSHINE! Feeling a tad unsure after the epic Christmas snowfall (you can read about in my past post) I had no doubt the sunshine was only temporary . But, one sunny day turned into another. One bright week lead into the next. My fears started to melt just as the snow did.
So, I thought I'd take advantage of this rare treat. I dusted off my foot spa and pulled out my red nail polish to give myself a toedicure. Known to most laymen as a pedicure. Nail polish is the one thing I can wear with absolute confidence that when when I ask my husband "does this make me look fat?" He will be able to answer (every time) with an unabashed "NO!"

Candy Apple Red polish to be exact!




My objective... was to wear these.



I wanted to dangle my tootsies in the sunshine. There's something a little daring in letting my red toes peek out just a wee bit. I bet you didn't know there's a great adventurer behind all this fluff and frill. How else do you think I could have sneaked onto the set of the Donny &Marie show as an ice skater? Oops, TMI!


My true love is for opened toed
HEELS!!!!



Due to an unfortunate accident involving (sequined) platform flip flops, black licorice and the neighbors dog... who I now refer to as Lassie my hero. I'm unable to wear heels (tear rolling down my cheek). It's a long story I'll save for a future post.




I pumiced, filed, buffed, trimmed and polished my tootsies to the envy of any
toedicurist who would behold them.


I know what you're thinking........


" YabadabaDO-NOT say it!" I already know there's a resemblance... and it doesn't end at our feet. I've been known to enjoy a brontosaurus burger or two. Fred and I may even share the same leopard print frock ( in the same size too).




I was ready to hit the bricks, until this!!!!"CURSE YOU, Murphy's law!" "YOU'RE NOT IN MY JURISDICTION ! " You'll not get the best of me!"
Necessity is the mother of invention. She has provided us with these classic solutions after all.

Look how thrilled he is to be crowned with the Umbrella Hat. If that really was an Umbrella Crown... I may be tempted to join this royal family!



Perhaps this was invented while she was in the shower. Deciding on how to repurpose the curtain.



Out of that inspiration came these beauties
The "TOEDICURE Umbrellas!
They're still in the prototype stage.



Align Center
Don't be surprised when you see them in a boutique near you. You'll be able to (proudly ) say I knew her when....






On the first



I will be turning 25......



Hmmmm, I mean 35.........



would you believe........

Okay, lets just agree to say the number is still low enough to count to without feeling dizzy.
Yup, it's that (dreaded) time of year...the celebratory day of birth. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the self indulgences,


every last one of them.
It's the age that comes with it.... The old age reminder that with each passing year gravity continues to fail me from head to toe!!!


My poor hubby doesn't fare well when it comes to organizing and executing special events. He started breaking out in a rash right after the Christmas holiday. I'm sure it was from the mere thought of planning my Birthday. So, we're heading out...



to the Emerald city (Seattle); so our lil' family can join in on the festivities. I appreciate all the efforts my family makes towards my special day. Here's a video of the cake baking on my last b-day.


He had me at..... "We're stayin' in a hotel...."
room service, hot tub, chocolate candy on my pillow, etc. I see a great birthday ahead.


Party like it's your birthday!



I'm going to leave you in capable (British) hands 'til my return.


GET UP ON THE FLOOR AND BOOGIE!!!




I will be asking, how many of you did shake your groove thang .



49 comments:

Happy To Be said...

GM Sara...girl you are too funny ...I hope you know I just spit coffee on my screen..oh I am still laughing about this post...those flip flops I have to have them..Oh I am sorry I can't stop laughing about this..no wonder I put you on my follow list..thanks with all our snow here in Sunny Calif I needed that today..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kristen said...

OMG!
Toedicure I need one of those big time!
You are so funny and I will definately be looking for the toedicure umbrella!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh that is funny...I truly now think you are just a lil bit crazy!! lol!

Joy Zaczyk said...

You are too funny Sara! I thoroughly enjoyed this post - the last pic was hilarious! :)

Thanks for your visit to my blog. :)

Joy
xo

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

This was a riot! I have laughed and laughed all of the way through this funny post. Thanks for the smiles! laurie

Goat Creek Grandma said...

I just discovered your blog and have to say I really did enjoy it. Thank you for making me smile today. I think your going to be a real inspiration to me. Thank you!

Debbie

Meredith Teagarden said...

Too funny! You have invented more in your mind than any living person I know. One day, my friend, you shall strike gold with one of these clever, yet undiscovered by those in the know, ideas.

nikkicrumpet said...

What a wonderfully fun post!!! I think I need to paint my toenails now...because we have a big snowstorm coming in tomorrow! At least you gave me a good chuckle before I have to go out and shovel!

Rosa said...

How cute. Love this post! I love all the rainwear and the cute toesy shoes. No numba for Mr. Murphy. Not that I want it.

Justine said...

OMG, this was hysterical, Sara!!!!! Toedicures. I've gotta remember that one for sure!
And hell girl, your feet look pretty damn good. If you search somewhere through my blog, there's a post called Chili's... something... and nubs... I think. Anyway, the nubs are my sister, Jill's toes. Now she has got some Barnie Rubble toes for sure. In fact, that's what we call them. Even her feet are square. I swear! I think I even have a picture on there! Damn, now I've gotta find the post for you!
Thanks for stopping by. I'm putting you on my must-read list!

Justine :o )

Justine said...

Okay Sara, here it is. It's a bit long, and tiny bit boring, but now you HAVE to read it. You're obligated to read it because it took me a while to find! LOL
http://justines-cafe.blogspot.com/2008/08/chilis-target-bugs-and-nubs.html

Justine :o )

Debbie said...

Did you happen to see the photo I posted last week of the umbrella hat? Great minds think alike.
I love those umbrella shoes. Brilliant.

Happy To Be said...

Good evening Sara...hey you sweet thing thanks for coming by and giving me the infro on those cupcake liners I just thought those were so pretty..Thanks for being one of my of followers also..I have you on my list too..I know you will always be a good laugh for me..oh thats my blog list girl not my Christmas list now lol!! Hope you had a great day..I had a date with Mr. Clean and srubbing bubbles..God I hate when life gets in the way of my blogging time..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lori said...

*SCREAM* i think this might even be funnier than the exercise post...those wee umbrellas over your shoes...i am DYING!!! tooooooo funny!!!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Those flip flops are divine--and so are your toes:)

Jill said...

OMG>> Sara.. we are family! ROFLAMO! YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!!!!

Hey wanted to sign your followers list but you don't have one.. You need one!!!!!!!!!!:) I just met you 20 seconds ago and I love you! At least we will mantain good calf muscles from foot pedaling our cars.!

Justine said...

Heeheeheeeeeeeeeeee.... my sista's funny!

Justine :o )

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

How cute, Sara!
Thank you for making me giggle!

Hope your birthday is really nice with your family. Yabba Dabba-doo!
xo~Tracie

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Sara,

Thank you for giving me a good laugh. BTW, I totally relate to the Fred Flintstone toes...you are not alone!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Your post is just so funny, how can you make a toedicure hilarious? Im looking forward to the 'long story' of the flip flops incident. Your cocktail flip flops are gorgeous. Talking of cocktails I must try the mudslide its sounds gorgeous I have a huge list of drinks recipes and I checked it was on there so I need to try it out just to make sure you are telling me the truth on how good it tastes LOL! Thanks so much for your lovely comment about my blog, I think I may have to take a break soon as I spend far too much time blogging.......Just look at the length of this answer, you see how I go on and on and on and on and on.........(At this point some one physically removes me from the laptop) X

Jean Tuthill said...

Oh my goodness, your post is too funny! I love the toedicure and I have to get me one of those! And the umbrellas, I'll keep my eyes open for them....Love the little kitties, I want some of those. I also want some sunshine, more snow here for tomorrow. Thanks for visiting me and the lamp was at an antique store and I guess it didn't sell, so she was giving it away! I was in the right place at the right time! It was meant for me! Have a Happy Birthday and a safe trip!

Joanne Kennedy said...

You crack me up! I love your writting.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful time! I'm sure you will.

Oh and I just adore those toe umbreallas. Had I known about them I would have posted about them on my blog. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Somebody is feeling their birthday oats! Wow what a celebration! A hotel??? You lucky thing! How long did the chocolate stay on the pillow????
Next time I want to talk about white pergolas in the yard....nothing slips by me birthday girl...

Dawnie said...

WOW!!! alot of GREAT pictures and good story tellin! the only thought that came to my mind though--you must have waited 2 days for all those photos to load.

My birthday is in February also....I cant wait.

I also cant wait to make my toes all pretty.

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Sara!

Caaa-uuute post!
Love all the kitties!

Thanks for coming by and leaving such kind words last night. One day we'll get a new puppy....;)

I wish I had many crowns to give everyone. I really do! My hubby will draw the name this weekend.
~Melissa :)

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Hi Sara....I thought I was the only one that had feet that looked like they were run over by a truck...You have stumpy toes just like mine, I could have been looking at my own feet, only I can't bend over to paint my toes....And as for your birthday maybe you'll be lucky and your husband will buy you something from Fredric's of Hollywood....Oh, yes I know all about Frederic!!

Tracey said...

Thank you for visiting my blog,, I love yours.. I am a shoe addict and love heels, flats, ballets, sandals, and boots.. did I forget something.. I love cake and am a February baby as well. Stay in touch.. your blog is sweet and I have really enjoyed it.... blessings..Tracey

Gail McCormack said...

Sara your Posts are fantastic...WOW you must put so much time into each post, I enjoy every word and photo, I come back and read them over and over

Thankyou Sara!

Jenny S said...

Love it!! You have the best posts!! Happy Late birthday and I am glad you had fun!!

celestina marie said...

HI Sara,
You are fabulous!!LOL~~LOL~~ I too just gave myself a toedicure and my birthday is this month as well. We have a lot in common.
I will watch for your design in boutiques everywhere. LOL!!
I loved your post, what a talent for writing you are!!

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words.
Have a great day.
hugs, Celestina Marie

Gianina said...

You seem like you would be so much fun!!! :-D

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I really LOVED that soup and everyone else that has tried it has agreed.

I'm not sure whether Olive Garden adds any pepper to it because my husband and one of our friends said that the sausage made it a bit spicy, but I didn't think it was hot at all.

Sandy Toes said...

Thank you for stopping by b/c then I was able to come here! Yeah!

I love those peach gingham sandals ...they are so cute!!!

Love your sense of humor!
-sandy toe

Meredith Teagarden said...

I see you added your birthday to the original post. Happy birthday! Your husband took you to the "Emerald City!" You have always been a girl who likes jewels. He does know how you love things that sparkle :)!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh girl... this was just too funny..you put a smile on my face and a giggle in my voice...love love loved this.. Thanks for swinging by to see the blue and white tablescape with Miss Kitty and Mr. Mouse..I always love when you come for a visit.
hugs ~lynne~

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

AhAhAhAh!
You really do make me laugh!
And I truly appreciate the time and effort you put on your ever so funny and clever posts!
By the way, A BIG THANK YOU, for your lovely comments on my posts!
I got two Awards for you on my blog!
Come and get it!
Love,
Debbie Moss
(England)

P.S- By the way, I wish you a belated Happy Birthday!

Meredith Teagarden said...

I hope you will visit me at my new place, since you encouraged me to make one :)!

XXMeredith

jill jill bo bill said...

So glad you found me and I have found you! Too funny! Love the tootsies and your blog is awesome!

Jason, as himself said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on The Jason Show. Your blog looks like a whole lotta fun, too!!!

I'll need to take some time to look through all of this eye candy.

See you around!

Vintage Tea said...

I love red nail varnish on my toes!

Victoria x

NurseChessie said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Hope you got some sunshine and a nice day to wear your shoes so you could show off that fabulous toedicure!
Thanks for swinging by my blog!

love ya!
chessie

Olive Rue said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have such a fun blog. Thanks for reminding me...it's pedicure time. I hope to see you around again.

prof en retraite said...

Oh you are toooo funny, Miss Sara! I will get myself a pair of those toedicure umbrellas for my favorite flip-flops. I'm just living for the weather to get warm enough! Enjoyed your post!...Debbie

Shelia said...

Oh, Sara! This post is a hoot! You're the funniest one! Oh, your little tootsies look so marvi!! Now I'm loving those little red checked shoes!! Those kitties shaking their grove thangs was so hilarious!
Thanks for the visit!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Liz said...

I loved every single word and picture in this post! :)

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

wendy said...

Sara, I am so glad you came to visit me. I love your blog--and I'm NOT just saying that to be "nice". I too love french country and your "styles" are very much what I like. So what birthday year is it anyway???? Come on...........I love Seattle. I used to live just east of Vancouver British Columbia. Love the coast. Toedicure?? - that one I will have to remember. nothing like HOT sassy red to make a statement. Stay in touch.

p.s. thanks for your thoughts on my blog about "comments" so you can consider me a new blogging friend....ah whether you want to or not (tee,hee)

nikkicrumpet said...

I had to come back...because shhhhh I was looking at your blog from work....and some of the stuff didn't come through on my work computer...I'm glad I came back because the dancing cat thing made me laugh out loud and I missed it the first visit! Now post something else to make me laugh...it's time hehehe

thedomesticfringe said...

So funny!!! I'm going to have to get me a toedicure TONIGHT...open toe shoes for a party tomorrow night, Love those peep to red heels you showed. They are 'to die for'.

-FringeGirl

~CC Catherine said...

Sara, just scanning over some of your old posts., you are too funny! This is adorable, and the kitty cat pics are a riot. I'm so glad you walked in to my blog today so I could find yours! ;)
~CC Catherine ;)